Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

QE_with_colours' evolution

Started by HSE, February 19, 2020, 03:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!

Following JJ's 2012 ideas it's possible to improve amateurs experience with QE using just a little of colors. Very rustic but I think useful.

Quote from: jj2007 on February 18, 2020, 11:38:36 PM
..., but OP wants something completely different: automatic syntax highlighting à la Iczelion.

I can't wait to see what OP can do  :biggrin:

In order to achieve that, you need the QE plugin interface, i.e. write a DLL that does the highlighting using the hRichEdit in-process. Quite a different story.

I know, it's a challenge  :wink2:. But RadAsm and many others make that very well (I think).

- here most recent version:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

I've extracted it to \Masm32\plugins\stream1.dll - how do you activate it?

HSE

Edit menus.ini in masm32 directory and were you want write:stream1, {e}\plugins\stream1.dll

or create a new category:[MyCategory]
fantasyname, {e}\plugins\stream1.dll

Open a new instance of QE and open an assembly file (.asm or .inc), after that in the menu you execute the plugin.

jj2007

HSE

HSE

Quote from: Ravi Kiran on February 19, 2020, 03:44:44 PM
it's working sir.

That it's the previous version. Version here also process strings, just because strings can contain semicolons.

HSE

Corrected remotion of spaces after quotation, and now brackets, etc (easy to modify if you don't like that). Files updated in first post.

daydreamer

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

jj2007

It works fine :thumbsup:

Now your next step will be to harmonise it with [Colours] in OllyDbg.ini :badgrin:

HSE

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Quote from: jj2007 on February 20, 2020, 07:55:19 PM
Now your next step will be to harmonise it with [Colours] in OllyDbg.ini :badgrin:

qEditor don't need a plugin to do that  :biggrin:

HSE

Hi!!

Here I added the Iczelion procedure.

..., but OP wants something completely different: automatic syntax highlighting à la Iczelion.

That work perfectly until you close the MessageBox.

I'm still not very succefull taking Richedit's Font and creating the GDI font :biggrin:
But work for me because plugin is builded with my qEditor's settings: fixedsys, height =12, weight= 500.

Location of wordfile.txt must be qEditor's location.

jj2007

HSE

Thanks JJ!

The theoretical size of the file is around 800 Kb (asuming RTF = plain text * 3). But can be increased changing memory allocated:
  invoke SysAllocStringByteLen, NULL, 2500000 <-- memory for plain text file
  mov hReo$, eax

invoke SysAllocStringByteLen, NULL, 2500000 <-- memory for RTF
  mov hRes$, eax

There are some glitchs perhaps because RTF is not well formed, but most likely because QE is optimized for plain text  :biggrin:

That make interesting to use only Iczelion procedure, wich surprisingly work fine just subclassing Richedit.

Of course look better RTF  :biggrin: and not interfere with most QE functions. Perhaps both plugins could be of interest.

HSE

There was some problem forming RTF, solved now.

The process can detect "comment" now. It's maked in a very nice spaghetti style  :biggrin:, still not using  Hutch's Finite State Machines.

Updated in first post.