News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

2002 version qe 3.5 technicolor

Started by hutch--, February 21, 2020, 10:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

I spent some hours tracking down the bug in the technicolor version of QE that was written back when I used Win98se. It was written in PowerBASIC before the next version was written in MASM and while it seems to run OK, it is neither supported nor recommended and it may have bugs in it. It was only ever a BETA for me to test syntax colouring and was never a release version.

HSE

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:  That's technicolor!

And JJ it's right. Even in this old machine is hard to see a delay loading 1 MB file, and loading 4 MB file take only a blink .
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

Works fine :thumbsup: And \Masm32\include\windows.inc is always a good test candidate ;-)

daydreamer

thanks Hutch,looks great :thumbsup:
already written SSE test piece
I get weird bug,build and start ends in .exe that it looks like it doesnt start any .exe isnt seen and is found when pressing alt-ctrl-delete I find it among background processes and I have to shut it down
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

Vortex

hutch--

Magnus,

It means your exe is not running or closing properly, when it finishes running it remains in memory. You really need to get the executable to run correctly, then do the fast stuff.

HSE

Quote from: daydreamer on February 22, 2020, 02:44:04 AM
I get weird bug,build and start ends in .exe that it looks like it doesnt start any .exe isnt seen and is found when pressing alt-ctrl-delete I find it among background processes and I have to shut it down
Using automatic building sometimes I build a console program with windows linking (or viceversa) and that kind of thing happen. :biggrin:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

hutch--

Magnus,

Where the app is supposed to end, put 2 lines of code, the first with a MessageBox to show that you got there, the second with an ExitProcess() to close the app properly. If you don't see the MessageBox, it is crashing before exit.

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on February 23, 2020, 12:32:15 AM
Magnus,

Where the app is supposed to end, put 2 lines of code, the first with a MessageBox to show that you got there, the second with an ExitProcess() to close the app properly. If you don't see the MessageBox, it is crashing before exit.
I used a different version of qeditor which had prostart and switched,its solved by I run bat file and click on .exe instead of the menu choices build all and run and now it works
but .bat file uses polink instead

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding