News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

It's always the little things that get you.. :-)

Started by K_F, October 27, 2020, 12:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

Working in Radasm3 with multiple screens and re-arranged my multiscreens for easy references.
Screens side-by-side so it easy/natural to look left/right, and had 2x IDEs running.
The search function appears on the right screen - this is fine as I wanted it for this configuration.

Somewhere along the road, I changed screen config while doing other things... but in Radasm the Ctl+F search functions all dissapeared.
I noticed the editor window had lost focus, so the dialog must be somewhere.. but it's not  on my other screen.
It stumped me for two weeks.. I was pharked without the Search/Replace function - I thought I'd found a major dehabilitating bug in Radasm.. I was crying.

Then it struck me a few moments ago... maybe Radasm had not recognised the Screen config change... Bingo.. had my Ctl+F back and I'm smiling
It was positioning the dialog off both screens, at the old co-ordinates.
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

hutch--

I think I get it but are you running 2 monitors or shifting from one screen to another on one monitor ?

K_F

Yup.. I have two montiors that i position in 'co-ordinate space' controlled by windows (I guess).

If I place my dialog window in the first configuration on screen-two, and then move this screen-two from the side, to on top of screen-1.
Radasm places the dialog at the last co-ordinate it was at, which is now the 'off-screen' co-ordinates of the old screen-2 position.

This made me think that the dialogs had just dissappeared.

What i was doing is have two Radasm apps running with the same project in each - made it easier to have multiple tabs in view.
Just that the Radasm ini file updated on the last open app, placing the dialog window 'in space'.
;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'