Started by Vortex, June 12, 2020, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex

Hello,

JWasm on GitHub :

https://github.com/Baron-von-Riedesel/JWasm

_japheth

Hello,

It should be mentioned that I'm no longer the owner of the domain japheth.de. I abandoned ownership in 10/2019 and have no idea, why someone else would buy the domain and offer a 1:1 copy of the old contents (2014) of japheth.de. It's surely a copyright infringement.
Dummheit, gepaart mit Dreistigkeit - eine furchtbare Macht.

Biterider

Hi
The site has the current IP 172.67.171.190, a number owned by CloudFlare in the United States.
It actually seems to be a major copyright infringement since the author's name (A.G.) can be seen in the HTTP header.

It's a shame, I thought the page was actually back  :sad:

Biterider

jj2007

Quote from: _japheth on June 14, 2020, 03:30:20 PMIt should be mentioned that I'm no longer the owner of the domain japheth.de. I abandoned ownership in 10/2019 and have no idea, why someone else would buy the domain and offer a 1:1 copy of the old contents (2014) of japheth.de. It's surely a copyright infringement.

It's a fan who wanted to offer your great work to humanity, Japheth (and no, it's not me :tongue:). So technically speaking it's a copyright infringement, but you might decide to feel honoured :cool:

Vortex

Hi Biterider,

QuoteIt's a shame, I thought the page was actually back  :sad:

I was under the same impression. This is why I created the topic.

Hi Japheth,

QuoteIt's surely a copyright infringement.

Sorry to hear about that. I am going to edit the first posting.

LiaoMi

Popular sites are often hijacked for spreading viruses  :undecided:

hutch--

Looks like its all there, I don't have the time to test if any of the downloads are infected.

_japheth

The site wasn't "hijacked" and I'm not concerned about viruses.

What's annoying is that this site offers outdated versions. Similar problem with SourceForge - I can't delete my old projects there, IIRC.
Dummheit, gepaart mit Dreistigkeit - eine furchtbare Macht.

mazegen

I'm sorry to hear that, japheth. Did you try to appeal to denic.de? I think it's worse than a copyright infringement - someone pretends that you are still responsible for the site (according to the contact page) and it seems to be complete duplicate of your site, not just parts of it. There's an abuse contact on denic.de.