Author Topic: Windows 8 dead on arrival.  (Read 77608 times)

Magnum

Re: Windows 8 dead on arrival.
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2012, 08:31:50 AM »
It makes sense from a profit making angle.

If you intentionally make a program doesn't run on an O.S., customers have to either upgrade the O.S., use an older version or they may discover that bigger aren't necessary. :-)

Andy

Some bozo from a computer magazine said that XP was full of vulnerabilities and that if you are surfing the net or reading email you are an accident waiting to happen.
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

sinsi

« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2012, 06:30:29 PM »
heh, I can cherry pick links too 4.5 out of 5

From http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7-57560912-292/windows-8-wrestles-with-pcs-legacy/
Let me close on a positive note, though. I like Windows 8. It's faster than Windows 7 on my Dell and more stable. That's good enough for me.
And Microsoft should spend more time pitching these straightforward Windows 8 merits until touch becomes mainstream.
That's my point in the last sentence of that quote. Too much emphasis on 'metro' and the start button.

I don't like the flat desktop, guess I got used to aero.
I do like the iso mount option, only took 10 years...
For me, it's an evolution of vista, since I don't use apps. Everything is on the desktop. No difference to windows 95. Icon->clickety.

Bill Cravener

« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »
heh, I can cherry pick links too 4.5 out of 5

Now sinsi I'm a "facts" man, and the facts are growing that Windows 8 is doomed to fail! :biggrin:

A troubling pattern has emerged for Microsoft and Windows 8. Asian PC makers are saying initial demand is not good for the new tile-based operating system.

Business Insider: Another Bad Windows 8 Report

It looks like most consumers are having the same apprehensions, as the next-gen, touch-optimized OS from Microsoft has had a bad uptake when compared to Windows Vista. Windows 8's uptake has now fallen behind Vista's in the same point in it's release according to Net Applications' data.

Windows 8 is currently doing worse than Vista did at launch

sinsi

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:16 AM »
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them.

sinsi

« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
Now sinsi I'm a "facts" man, and the facts are growing that Windows 8 is doomed to fail! :biggrin:
Facts? Here's a fact: since I have installed win8 I have booted into win7 twice...to do some risky browsing  :biggrin:
I've actually had fewer programs not work in win8, never had a bsod, never had a boot problem.

Just read the whole thread and it sounds like that end-of-the-world reverend  :P