News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

(First post) Any cryptographic libraries for MASM32 ?

Started by HumanSoundingName, June 19, 2020, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HumanSoundingName

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if there was any kind of cryptographic libraries for MASM32 ?
I've used the Windows Cryptographic API but I was disappointed about the performance (AES-128, 1.1GB/s) and the number of available algorithms.

So I thought of using a secure stream cipher like Salsa20, Chacha20 or even a block cipher like AES, Blowfish or whatever but implemented in MASM32.
The thing is that I don't really want to implement those by myself (I'm far from being an expert in cryptanalysis or in x86 assembly optimization and I don't want to end being depressed because I tried to implement the Feistel Network in ASM).

Is there anything like that I could include in my code ?

jj2007

Whatever is available for C/C++ or any other language that produces DLLs in a similar format is available also for Masm32. But it seems you haven't found anything for C/C++, right?

HumanSoundingName

Quote from: jj2007 on June 19, 2020, 09:45:19 PM
Whatever is available for C/C++ or any other language that produces DLLs in a similar format is available also for Masm32. But it seems you haven't found anything for C/C++, right?

Why didn't I thought about it...
I could statically link some .lib file generated from a C library right (I don't want it to be dynamically linked) ?

Thanks for the idea :) (yes I kind of feel stupid but that's ok I guess).

jj2007

When I started learning MASM, I had no idea what libraries were :tongue:

Vortex

Hi HumanSoundingName,

QuoteI could statically link some .lib file generated from a C library right (I don't want it to be dynamically linked) ?

That's OK. An extra and necessary step is to write the correct Masm prototypes to declare the functions belonging to the static library.