General > Hardware Corner

Just for your sense of humour, finishing touch's to the new box.

(1/1)

hutch--:
I wanted a 4 port USB 3 at the front of the box and had the right adaptor but unfortunately had lost the internal cable. After a lot of messing around, I found another cable that had come from a crappy accessory, tested it and it worked OK but the cable was a loose fits and easily fell out. A hot glue gun later, the cable was staying in place with no problems so I fitted it and attached the other end to a USB 3 port at the back of the box.

With a molex power plug attached it worked fine but when I turned the box off, the back fan and the lights were still on so I unplugged the molex power plug and BINGO, everything worked correctly and it turned off properly.

To add to the comedy of errors, a few hours later I found the original cable in the bottom of an empty can. It really MAY be finished now.  :tongue:

This box has been built with a new theory of cable management, if you can fit it all into the box, the cables have been managed.  :rofl:

daydreamer:
 :greenclp:
does that count as casemodding? :biggrin:

reminds me of putting a 2ghz computer(ATX board) into crappy old AT box just for fun and failed when DVDrom couldnt fit into the box

HSE:

--- Quote from: hutch-- on July 29, 2020, 09:16:28 PM ---This box has been built with a new theory of cable management, if you can fit it all into the box, the cables have been managed.  :rofl:

--- End quote ---

I think you maked a mistake or perhaps you observation is not so good. Always that I have modified my box and everything is running, I have noted some screws on the desk that don't were there previously  :biggrin:

hutch--:
He he, that makes it a light weight version. I have been building computers for so long that I keep multiple plastic bags of screws so I don't suffer the problem, use what comes with the box or gadget or whatever and anything else that you need comes out of the plastic bag. Anything left over goes back into the plastic bag.

Magnus,

Years ago I built a box for a friend and it was in this truly horrible little case that was then about 10 years old. I shoe horned a reasonable power supply into it and a high end Intel board, couple of disks and a DVD read/write and it ran for about 10 years before he passed away earlier this year. It looked like a 1990s crapheap but ran back then like a rocket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version