General > Hardware Corner

I am now the proud owner of an Intel xeon 8 core processor

<< < (2/2)

daydreamer:
Does it have avx512 and/or 32 xmm/ymm regs?
Any avx512 example program in mind for masm64 package?

hutch--:
You will have to wait until Intel tidy up AVX512 but Haswell series CPU's handle SSE, AVX and AVX2 so you are not missing much.

Since I did this post, I built some time ago a 12 core, 24 thread Xeon that on all threads runs at 3 gig on a very good Gigabyte board with all the normal googie bits and I use it for high thread count video processing. Its a nice enough box to use, fast and responsive with a Xeon e5-2690 v3 and it really hoots on high thread count work. My old i7 runs at 4 gig so its a bit faster on less than 6 core, 12 thread tasks.

daydreamer:
I want to write some avx or avx2 example
I also want to write something that shows advantages of many GB ram/many threads in 64bit , on mine I can test on less than 20gb,in 32bit 3.5gb/24threads gets crippled,so you max can use lot fewer threads

Raistlin:
Congrats thay uber master of all. Hate the fact you have to wait for actual implementation. Have a delta 3d printer on order since the 3rd of July scheduled for delivery in a month or more. So I am going to be more than surportive on that front. Be well all in this crazy time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version