News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

demo launcher

Started by daydreamer, November 07, 2020, 04:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

inspired by hutch timer app,I want to do a different kind of launcher app,that started demos after each other with Sleep between and in final version also sendmessage to shut down previous demo
and simultanously run some video capture software,unsure how many seconds I should run each demo before switching to next one
uses ddraw api,most use SSE and one MMX
right now its starts 8 demos=8 escape key presses
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

felipe

Did you used masm basic for some of the demos?

daydreamer

Quote from: felipe on November 07, 2020, 08:51:30 AM
Did you used masm basic for some of the demos?
no see for yourself
2 of the demos works similar to pixelshaders/per pixel,one blending experiment

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

felipe

oh you are right. Sorry to ask again, did you used visual studio then?

felipe

now i tested your programs. There are some nice effects there. Good job daydreamer.  :thup:

felipe

Related to the questions above  :icon_idea:: It was because i always check the exe before executing it  :icon_idea:. I saw that the launcher program was written in c++, but the demos are in assembly. The thing is that the demos use some kind of jump table, where each function call is indirect called like this:

call j_ExitProcess
j_ExitProcess: ExitProcess

This seems to be because you used visual studio to link the assembly routines with the launcher. The funny thing is that i thougth the j_ prefix was because you were using masm basic (you know as if jj has made it and that's why the j_ prefix, hilarious i know  :toothy:). I guess i'm rusty... :toothy:

daydreamer

Quote from: felipe on November 09, 2020, 11:44:24 AM
Related to the questions above  :icon_idea:: It was because i always check the exe before executing it  :icon_idea:. I saw that the launcher program was written in c++, but the demos are in assembly. The thing is that the demos use some kind of jump table, where each function call is indirect called like this:

call j_ExitProcess
j_ExitProcess: ExitProcess

This seems to be because you used visual studio to link the assembly routines with the launcher. The funny thing is that i thougth the j_ prefix was because you were using masm basic (you know as if jj has made it and that's why the j_ prefix, hilarious i know  :toothy:). I guess i'm rusty... :toothy:
thanks for compliment
yes I am using Cpp these days too
the ddraw is COM interface which you interpret as "kinda jumptable" and code reduction I minimized a lib or more
dont know if that has todo with indirect jumps,I use check escape key and exit program
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

felipe

my favorite was the christmas balls at full screen size  :thup: