News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

File creation error. File disappears after app close!!!

Started by xandaz, November 18, 2020, 02:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

Good news. It wasn't a coding error. it was running under Avast Sandbox. That's why the files disappeared. ohhh....sorry for troubling you guys. You deserve better. sorry for inconviniance. Thanks posse   :thumbsup:

HSE

SandBox...  :hmmm:

You don't have so much faith in your programming skills :biggrin:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

xandaz

Thanks JJ. What do you mean exactely HSE. I put it there so the AV woudlnt nag me everytime i made a new build.

jj2007

Quote from: xandaz on November 20, 2020, 08:44:06 PMI put it there so the AV woudlnt nag me everytime i made a new build.

Most if not all AV allow to exclude your \Masm32 folder (and all its subfolders) - a much better solution.

hutch--

I would look for a better AV scanner, I personally use Kaspersky's KVRT.EXE which I download when I need it, run it then delete it. I absolutely don't want an AV scanner running all the time, if you have reasons to secure your computer for other people to use, set yourself up a separate profile that does not run the AV scanner all the time. On all of my boxes I have the default Microsoft AV running and it never caused me a problem.

While I was configuring one of the machines recently my catch it all "StartupMonitor" blocked something that was trying to install at startup so I used KVRT to fully remove it and it worked really well.

xandaz

Yes. Thanks Hutch. Indeed Avast has an option to exclude a folder. Done that. Doing great.  :thumbsup: