News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

A test piece using text to speech

Started by hutch--, February 27, 2021, 04:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

If I could impose on anyone to try this out. Its a short test video using text to speech software and I wanted to see if anyone had a problem with it. My only complaint is it requires larger files as speech is a lot slower than written text. This one uses an American voice but I have some funny ones available, a very good Indian female voice and a passably good female Australian voice.

I have removed the link so I can delete the test video on the Youtube channel.

Gunther

Steve,

it sounds good. Don't forget to try the Indian female and the Australian female.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

Biterider

hutch--

Thanks guys, I bought a recent TTS package called Talkia that uses a number of Google and Amazon voices and they are a lot better that the best of the SAPI 5 voices I played with using a TTS app called Balabolka. Apart from the better voices it has an important capacity, the ability to add times pauses to the sound track so you could set up phrases and paragraphs properly.

daydreamer

It is a nice clear voice
Does it,to still be clear voice, you need to use less compression ratio, compared to bg music?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

Sound is not particularly demanding like video but if you want to compress speech, Audacity works fine, just set the bitrate to 8k and the size will drop to about 1/16th of the size and still sound the same. Music cannot be compressed the same way as it has a lot more data in it. The action to get the video size down is the bitrate and on these mainly text videos, I have it down to 512k.