Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

Check the forum for new posts

Started by jj2007, March 11, 2021, 01:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

Okay, the latest backup for win 7 x86 is just about done. I have finished installing the most used software and tweaked a couple settings for the 'start menu' and a couple other things. Adjusted some personal preferences regarding desktop background etc. So far, so good. Once done, I'll make a .wim image file for the backup.
Then on to the 64 bit version of the OS...

Oh, I made sure that your proggy runs with this backup version.  :wink2:

zedd151

:joking: :eusa_dance: :rofl: :eusa_naughty:
Well, fork me! I found the culprit!!!
There is nothing wrong with my previous backup nor my firewall settings, or UAC settings et.al.
Quote from: zedd151 on July 01, 2023, 01:24:51 AM
internet options --> advanced  --->under security
checked Use SSL 2.0
checked Use SSL 3.0
checked Use TLS 1.0
checked Use TLS 1.1
checked Use TLS 1.2
I came back to the other partition to save the 'new' backup. I decided to check the SSL and TLS settings... the  default checkboxes were the only ones checked! I checked all of 'em and PRESTO! your program works...
Moral of the story: don't look for the solution far away when it may just be very close by.  :tongue:
Its all StrykerX's fault! http ---> https...   :badgrin:  Now dammit I spent the better part of the last 24 hours trying to figure out why my computer was acting ill.   :eusa_boohoo:   :eusa_boohoo:   
p.s. ... after removing msftedjj.dll from the folder it still won't download that file. But otherwise works as advertised, after manually putting the dll into the folder

jj2007

Quote from: zedd151 on July 01, 2023, 04:18:57 AM

Congrats :thumbsup:

Quotep.s. ... after removing msftedjj.dll from the folder it still won't download that file. But otherwise works as advertised, after manually putting the dll into the folder

Strange that it doesn't download :rolleyes:

It works without that dll because I told it to use C:\Windows\System32\msftedit.dll if it can't find the right one. Which is the good one in your case, because my tailored version is the Win7-64 version. The Win10 has quirks, inter alia it's extremely slow.

StrykerX

There is nothing wrong with my previous backup nor my firewall settings, or UAC settings et.al.
Quote from: zedd151 on July 01, 2023, 01:24:51 AM
internet options --> advanced  --->under security
checked Use SSL 2.0
checked Use SSL 3.0
checked Use TLS 1.0
checked Use TLS 1.1
checked Use TLS 1.2
I came back to the other partition to save the 'new' backup. I decided to check the SSL and TLS settings... the  default checkboxes were the only ones checked! I checked all of 'em and PRESTO! your program works...
Moral of the story: don't look for the solution far away when it may just be very close by.  :tongue:
Its all StrykerX's fault! http ---> https...   :badgrin:  Now dammit I spent the better part of the last 24 hours trying to figure out why my computer was acting ill.   :eusa_boohoo:   :eusa_boohoo:   
p.s. ... after removing msftedjj.dll from the folder it still won't download that file. But otherwise works as advertised, after manually putting the dll into the folder

I was only doing my job  :greensml: :greensml:

Quote from: jj2007 on July 01, 2023, 08:48:37 AM

Congrats :thumbsup:

Quotep.s. ... after removing msftedjj.dll from the folder it still won't download that file. But otherwise works as advertised, after manually putting the dll into the folder

Strange that it doesn't download :rolleyes:

It works without that dll because I told it to use C:\Windows\System32\msftedit.dll if it can't find the right one. Which is the good one in your case, because my tailored version is the Win7-64 version. The Win10 has quirks, inter alia it's extremely slow.

Win10 just downloaded the file automatically as expected for me then it worked.  :smiley:

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on July 01, 2023, 08:48:37 AM
It works without that dll because I told it to...
Next time I will "tell it to", also. I mean Reaalllly scold it!  :tongue:
Okay, quotes out-of-context aside, I will try to find out why it refuses to download. It will take some "debugging" to do so though.
But not today, nor tomorrow. I'm busy recreating my OS backups.  :cool:

Quote from: StrykerX on July 01, 2023, 10:35:55 AM
Win10 just downloaded the file automatically as expected for me then it worked.  :smiley:
Of course it did. I am cursed with the affliction called 'being ME'.  :biggrin:  Of course the program works normally for me on Windows 10 as well.

StrykerX

Okay so.. How do I quit your little app? It seems uncloseable!

jj2007

Quote from: StrykerX on July 04, 2023, 12:11:00 AM

:biggrin:

Hold Shift and click the close box (the Escape key minimises it).

zedd151

Quote from: jj2007 on July 04, 2023, 12:24:38 AM

Hold Shift and click the close box.
lol. That one had me the first time I used it. No one reads 'hold shift key...' apparently.  :tongue:
Your program still does not download the .dll even with my newest copy of Windows 7 x64 btw.

StrykerX

Quote from: zedd151 on July 04, 2023, 12:26:16 AM
Quote from: jj2007 on July 04, 2023, 12:24:38 AM

Hold Shift and click the close box.
lol. That one had me the first time I used it. No one reads 'hold shift key...' apparently.  :tongue:
Your program still does not download the .dll even with my newest copy of Windows 7 x64 btw.

Hey, I tried that last night and it didn't work! Admittedly, I was overtired so I may have thought I did it but didn't..  :greensml:

jj2007

Quote from: StrykerX on July 04, 2023, 09:36:02 AMHey, I tried that last night and it didn't work! Admittedly, I was overtired so I may have thought I did it but didn't..  :greensml:

What didn't work, the Shift Close trick or the dll download?

Caché GB

This is a test to test JJ's "forum watcher".
Caché GB's 1 and 0-nly language:MASM

jj2007

Quote from: Caché GB on August 07, 2023, 03:20:26 PMThis is a test to test JJ's "forum watcher".

It will fail miserably because many of the tags used when parsing the html code were changed during the forum update to the newest SMF version. I am working on it but it will take some time.

StrykerX

Quote from: jj2007 on August 07, 2023, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: Caché GB on August 07, 2023, 03:20:26 PMThis is a test to test JJ's "forum watcher".

It will fail miserably because many of the tags used when parsing the html code were changed during the forum update to the newest SMF version. I am working on it but it will take some time.

Correct, SMF changed a lot of the HTML with the updates between the old version and this shiny new one.

jj2007

HSE

Hi JJ!

there are 2 serious problems:

1) Turquois background in first window :biggrin:

2) Link open board, not the specific subject

Later: perfectly detect this post  :thumbsup:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath