General > Hardware Corner

x86 Single Board Computer

(1/2) > >>

Biterider:
Hello
I'm thinking of building an instrument based on an x86 SBC. In particular, I am tempted to use a Rock Pi X and Win10-IoT where I can run my asm applications.
Has anyone here experience with this device?

Biterider

hutch--:
I just had a quick look and it seems to be an OK gadget for doing non demanding processing. I don't know about IOT with Windows but having a quick look on the internet, I would be wary of anything that is cloud based as your internet must be active. I wonder if there is a way to use it completely free standing ?

Biterider:
Hi Hutch
In this particular case, since the instrument must be integrated into the factory network I'm looking for the Win10-IoT Entreprise version.
A weak connectivity is a deal breaker.

Just another board is the LattePanda 4GB/64GB, which comes with an activated Win10.

Biterider

daydreamer:

--- Quote from: Biterider on April 26, 2021, 01:38:09 AM ---Hello
I'm thinking of building an instrument based on an x86 SBC. In particular, I am tempted to use a Rock Pi X and Win10-IoT where I can run my asm applications.
Has anyone here experience with this device?

Biterider

--- End quote ---
No
Looks like nice computer :thumbsup:
You gonna get 4GB ram version?
What kind of instrument?

hutch--:
I know of the LattePanda in x86 but I am not up to date with the details. In an industrial context how you set it up will depend on what you have to set it up to do. I have seen various boards that use micro SD for storage but if the storage is subject to high cycling, an NVMe drive would be a better option if you can get a board/case big enough.

For the hobbyist more memory would be better but in an industrial context you would not over specify its components so you don't waste money. I will be interested is what you end up doing.

Recently I have bought a number of 256 gig micro SD cards for my cameras and they are fast enough, 90 meg write, 170 meg read but I don't think the cyclical write rate is as high as an NVMe drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version