Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Super fast Charts

Started by Biterider, September 26, 2021, 07:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Quote from: Biterider on September 29, 2021, 06:04:56 AM
they are expensive because you have to precalculate.
Yes. I use title and legends because any application have only one object that make 5-30 graphics with 2-6 series each.
I fixed in that line. And more series, shorter the names :biggrin:.

I noted that, unlike ObjAsm32 version, it don't adjust margins when don't have axis titles.  :hmmm:

For sure I will have more ideas when I use the super fast chart   :thumbsup: 

PD: I almost forget that some weeks ago I maked several examples in the "Dark Side":  Crecimiento Animal II
To change "complejidad" modifies number of series.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

Hi HSE
Very nice homepage.
The calculation model for the predictions appears to be complex. It all looks very professional. :thumbsup:

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider!

Quote from: Biterider on September 29, 2021, 04:22:40 PM
It all looks very professional. :thumbsup:
Thanks  :thumbsup:

Regards, HSE.

nidud

deleted

Biterider

Hi nidud
The only thing I did was changing some subroutines. It seems to me that a heuristic scanner detected a suspicious sequence of bytes and triggered a false positive result.
With the new compilation, this sequence is not there anymore and it passes the test.

Biterider

LiaoMi

Hi Biterider,

I have a strange effect, if you drag the graph, then it randomly changes the labels, is that how it should be?  :rolleyes:

Here's an example - https://i.ibb.co/GMpT7Xf/2021-09-29-14-17-38-Demo07.jpg

Thanks for the awesome implementation!  :thup:

Biterider

Hi LiaoMi
The scale labels are defined by the number of major divisions and minor divisions. They are set by the initial chart setup (in code) or the setup dialog. As you drag or zoom the data, the scales change automatically based on an algorithm to optimize the scale view, choosing the best combination of major and minor divisions.

Maybe it seems random, but there is a logic behind  :biggrin:

Biterider

FORTRANS

Hi,

Windows 8.1 ran both versions.  They looked identical.
The program did not run on Windows XP.

Regards,

Steve N.

Biterider

Hi FORTRANS
Thanks, that sounds reasonable. The oldest supported operating system for this code is Win7.
You could probably make it compatible with WinXP by foregoing some APIs. Unfortunately, I no longer have XP available.

Biterider

LiaoMi

Quote from: Biterider on October 02, 2021, 03:07:28 AM
Hi LiaoMi
The scale labels are defined by the number of major divisions and minor divisions. They are set by the initial chart setup (in code) or the setup dialog. As you drag or zoom the data, the scales change automatically based on an algorithm to optimize the scale view, choosing the best combination of major and minor divisions.

Maybe it seems random, but there is a logic behind  :biggrin:

Biterider

Hi Biterider,

this means that this is such a feature, I observed in other statistical programs that only with a zoom does such an effect occur, and when dragging, all the designations remain in place. Then, in order to display all the labels, I need to move the mouse until the labels appear  :biggrin:

Biterider

Hi LiaoMi
Good to hear from you  :thumbsup:

Your description is correct. The method responsible for this behavior is ChartFlat.CalcScaleDivs. Based on the scale of min and max values, the number of decimal places, etc., it calculates the best combination. By "best" I mean the best for my particular application. I wrote this routine many years ago to visualize large measurement data series that I can zoom in to see some details and at the same time see the overall trend as I zoom out.
It is absolutely correct that it is not suitable for any other purpose. In this case this routine can be modified for a different behavior.  :cool:

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider!!

Original LiaoMi observation refer to existence of 2 different methods: one initially and other after you make some interaction.

Regards, HSE.