Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Problem linking to ucrt.lib

Started by markallyn, October 24, 2021, 02:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markallyn

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a problem linking against ucrt.lib.  On my windows 10 machine the file is located in Windows Kits.  If I set my system LIB path variable to the search path for ucrt.lib and try to link to the program the sys reports it can't find ucrt.lib  HOWEVER, if I use following includelib in the source code all proceeds as desired:

includelib c:\Program Files (x86)\windows kits\10\lib\10.0.10150.0\ucrt\x64\ucrt.lib

I have checked the LIB variable (using echo %LIB%) and the path is plainly there.  Could someone kindly explain what's going on.

Thanks,
Mark Ally

fearless

Might be the white space. Could try to wrap the LIB var with an extra pair of " quotes surrounding the path, so set

LIB=""c:\Program Files (x86)\windows kits\10\lib\10.0.10150.0\ucrt\x64\"";

Failing that a path with very little like C:\lib and set

LIB="C:\Lib";

markallyn

Good evening, Fearless,

Yes, your suggestion worked beautifully.  Unfortunately it is proving hard to implement.  First off, setx function is unknown to Win 10 so I can't permanently alter the LIB search path from the console.  So, I tried to do this by editing the system environment variables.  Problem:  The advanced settings window won't allow double quotes (""...""). 

What does work is to modify my .bat build file so that the leading statement is "set LIB= ....".  This is ugly, but it works.

If there is another approach, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks again,
Mark

fearless

Might be worth looking at: https://www.rapidee.com/en/about

Useful for editing those environment variables, might allow double quoting as its probably just saving to a registry key somewhere - which would be another option, modify the registry directly and place the double quoted path there.