Author Topic: I have the new 3 fan cooler up and running for testing  (Read 247 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
I have the new 3 fan cooler up and running for testing
« on: October 30, 2021, 05:47:19 PM »
Interesting result so far, idles at just above ambient, about 25c at the moment and under full 100% load on all cores it runs between 55 and 60c. Interesting part is as soon as the load stops, it drops almost instantly back to idle temperature. I have to tidy it up a bit and improve the mounting but it looks like a success.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
Re: I have the new 3 fan cooler up and running for testing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 10:30:27 PM »
Interesting result so far, idles at just above ambient, about 25c at the moment and under full 100% load on all cores it runs between 55 and 60c. Interesting part is as soon as the load stops, it drops almost instantly back to idle temperature. I have to tidy it up a bit and improve the mounting but it looks like a success.

In any case, it sounds like a success. Congratulations. Have fun during cleaning up. :cool:
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them.

daydreamer

• "follow the blue star!!!"
Re: I have the new 3 fan cooler up and running for testing
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 01:50:17 AM »
My old laptops got hot when running legacy games,probably 100% one threaded full-speed game,but later they patched the games to use several cores when dualcores came with lower ghz , wonder if one core game,makes cpu run full speed for long time vs divided workload on several cores makes how many Celsius difference?
Old bad programming habit vs new share execution between threads/cores with pause?

SIMD fan and macro fan
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."