Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Complex Numbers in 64 bits

Started by HSE, August 15, 2022, 09:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!!

I maked a translation of  Complex Number Zlib Library by Raymond Filiatreault to neutral bitness.

For 32 bit I used ML, but JWASM family must work.

For 64 bit I used UASM64 or JWASM15. To use ML64, !ZERO? must be replaced with ~ZERO?, because I can't make that with macros  :biggrin: (if somebody know magic, that could be interesting).

ML64 can be used with prebuilded library. I added masm64rt.inc I'm using, and a macros64(G).inc with a little more complete INVOKE macro that could be necessary.

Regards, HSE.

Update: 1. Zlib.zip (109.48 kB - downloaded 8 times.)
            2.  I was forgetting a little thing in ZNeg function. Zlib2.zip (114.92 kB - 1 times.)
            3.  Making ecx disappear in 64 bits.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

Hi HSE
Cool work.  :thumbsup:
I will check the files ASAIC. Would it be an option to use the jnz/jz mnemonics directly?

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider

Quote from: Biterider on August 15, 2022, 03:36:53 PM
Cool work.

Very automatic  :biggrin:. I think just one line in one function is relevant for calculation, all others modifications are loading or saving numbers (always the same).

Quote from: Biterider on August 15, 2022, 03:36:53 PM
Would it be an option to use the jnz/jz mnemonics directly?

Yes. But more easy is to use UASM64 or JWASM15  :biggrin:

Vasily macros can't see any negation. In ML64, single symbol "!" apparently is processed by the parser and never reach macros.

HSE

HSE

Hi all!

Magical trick on ecx in 64 bits is critical, but I don't saw that using only FPU  :biggrin:

Corrected in first post.

Regards, HSE

Biterider

Hi HSE
Do you mean this one?
      mov   __ecx,uID
      and   __ecx,Z_SINGLE or Z_DBL   ;check uID for operand size
      .if   ZERO?
            mov   __ecx,10
            jmp   @F
      .elseif __ecx == 4
            jmp   @F
      .elseif __ecx == 8
            jmp   @F
      .endif

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider!

Exactly.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

And:ZAcos proc public USES _ecx lpSrc1:XWORD, lpDest:XWORD, uID:DWORD

They are ecx/r10d and ecx/r10 in this case, for DWORD and POINTER in 32/64 bits.

Raymond preserved the volatile register in callee function. I make that very often.

HSE

HSE

Hi all!

A 64 bits version of Raymond's Ztest is added in first post. This app build with ML64 (to compensate that 64 bit library is builded with UASM64  :biggrin:).

I failed to translate FpuFLtoA and FpuAtoFL then, in the lazzy way, replace that by fptoa and vc_sscanf :biggrin:

Regards, HSE.