Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

PowerBASIC and the Cambridge Test

Started by Gunther, March 01, 2022, 06:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunther

Quote from: six_L on March 04, 2022, 05:03:15 PM
i can't run the codes becauseof no 16bit system.

You should try DOSBox. The DOS programs run under the direction of a solid Windows program and just "play" in a sandbox, so to speak. No damage can occur this way, even if
the DOS application is lousy written. It's really rock solid and easy to install.

Quote from: six_L on March 04, 2022, 05:03:15 PM
At first glance, the paper " expo.pdf " is so remarkable, written carefully / perfectly / earnestly / attractively . it Leads me to calculate again. You are always admirable while done everything

Thank you for the flowers. Well, I have made an effort. After all, the whole world can in theory read along. One shouldn't write nonsense there. Sure, some write garbage only to delete it
afterwards. This is a recent fashion in the forum, you know what I mean. I am not one of those people, because I think before I write something. That's my trick, which I have revealed herewith.

At the moment I am still going to prepare the post on the Oxford test. But this weekend I'll finish your paper on logarithms and mail it to you. I've not forgotten that.
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

six_L

Hi,Gunther
QuoteBut this weekend I'll finish your paper on logarithms and mail it to you. I've not forgotten that.
thanks you for the respone.
that will waste your times and disturbing your rest.

i'v remembered that you have researched video compression and transmission technology. i'm interesting more than it. if you have some spare times and irrelevant  with your country military secrets. i hope you would write an A4 page about this.

best regard.

Say you, Say me, Say the codes together for ever.

Gunther

six_L,

Quote from: six_L on March 04, 2022, 06:11:37 PM
thanks you for the respone.
that will waste your times and disturbing your rest.

no, not really. For me, it's always an intellectual challenge to answer mathematical questions as simply as possible. I enjoy that and I like doing it. Hopefully others will also like my way of
explaining certain aspects of Mathematics.

HSE

Gunther,

Quote from: Gunther on March 04, 2022, 05:09:23 PM
Can you give a simple working example for PB 3.5 and PBCC respectively?

Executing program from commandline "Hello_CC" show print and stdout functions in the screen.

Redirecting console "Hello_CC > out.txt" show print function in screen and stdout in the file.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Gunther

HSE,

thank you for both programs. If I had read correctly on p. 259 in the Reference Manual of PB 3.5, I would know that. Maybe I even read that and just unfortunately forgot because I'm getting
old and senile, who knows? In any case, thanks for this refresher and reminder.  :thumbsup:

HSE

Gunther,

:thumbsup: It's a good exercise.

Quote from: Gunther on March 05, 2022, 12:00:55 AM
in the Reference Manual of
That is the last resource, when every other things have failed :biggrin:

Regards, HSE.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Gunther

HSE,

Quote from: HSE on March 05, 2022, 12:43:44 AM
That is the last resource, when every other things have failed :biggrin:

yes unfortunately. But especially the Reference Manual should always be at hand when it comes to programs.

Gunther

six_L,

Quote from: six_L on March 04, 2022, 06:11:37 PM
i'v remembered that you have researched video compression and transmission technology. i'm interesting more than it. if you have some spare times and irrelevant  with your country military secrets. i hope you would write an A4 page about this.

I'm afraid that won't work. The background of these things is pretty hard mathematics. We are not talking here about the 18th and 19th century mathematics of Euler, Lagrange or Laplace.
It's about the mathematics of the 20th century, founded by Stefan Banach and David Hilbert. It is still quite fresh and wet, so to speak. Much of this isn't yet in the textbooks. That can' t be
described on one page.

But I have been thinking about your question. Here is a book I can recommend to you. It contains a short contribution by Yuval Fisher entitled: A discussion of Fractal Image Compression.
You can use that as a starting point. Could I help you with that?

FORTRANS

Hi Gunther,

Quote from: Gunther on March 04, 2022, 01:28:26 AM
I'll then send you a PDF file with
the correct derivation of a formula with which you can calculate any logarithms to any bases. If others are interested in it too, I can also publish it here in the forum.

Well I would like to take a look at it.  If just to see if it is
interesting.  Sort of depends on how useful I would find it.
Or if it is interesting in its own right.

Regards,

Steve N.

Gunther

Steve,

Quote from: FORTRANS on March 05, 2022, 03:58:59 AM
   Well I would like to take a look at it.  If just to see if it is
interesting.  Sort of depends on how useful I would find it.
Or if it is interesting in its own right.

why not? Please send me your mail address via a PM and you will also get a copy of the file. If you and six_L think it's good enough, I can post it on the forum afterwards.
But as I have already written here, there is nothing special about it:
The approach is quite simple after all. Correctly combine the function with its inverse function and logarithmize this expression. That's all.
I only want to say: Don't expect miracles or sensational revelations. It's really not complicated.

Gunther

An important correction is necessary.

In another thread FORTRANS pointed me to inaccuracies in the function GetFpu inside the assembly language file.

These errors are anything but harmless. I took another close look at the code for that reason. It was lucky that the
application ran properly. In other configurations, a crash could have occurred. I have therefore fixed the code of the
GetFpu function in the EXPO.ASM file accordingly. The right archive with the corrected file is EXPO1.ZIP and is below
the first post of this thread.

Once again, many thanks to FORTRANS.  :thumbsup: