News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

64 bit values

Started by Gunther, March 10, 2022, 09:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Thanks, NoCforMe. The point is that Deer44 criticises others a lot because they dare to post here snippets in MasmBasic, C/C++ and other languages but never ever has made a contribution to this forum. Check his posts in his profile, it's really ugly.

NoCforMe

Maybe he's just saving himself for the right time ... (ASS-UM-ing he's a he)
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

deeR44

Sorry I offended anybody. I'll avoid any comments regarding "masmbasic" in the future.
I won't metion cpp or "c++" either.

I'm learning C now, but I'll keep it to myself.

NoCforMe

I think you majorly misinterpreted the objections to your postings here. Nobody's suggesting you not[/] post anything referring to other languages. People do that all the time here. The objection (from JJ) was exactly the opposite of that. Maybe you ought to reread what he wrote.

deeR44

Oh, I think I'll probably be posting a lot of questions regarding C! I don't know squat about it.

deeR44

By the way, I am a 'he'.
I think that's one of the acceptable pronouns.

NoCforMe

Quote from: deeR44 on July 22, 2022, 02:17:38 PM
Oh, I think I'll probably be posting a lot of questions regarding C! I don't know squat about it.

I think of C as a just a slightly more compact way of [almost] writing assembler. Some C translates almost 1-to-1 to assembly. You'll see that once you start looking at source code.

And if you use macros (I don't), you can make your MASM almost look like C. (I.e.,without all those JMPs that are the only way to transfer control in MASM.)

I don't mind those JMPs.

hutch--

Guys,

Lets keep the criticism of other people down, while this IS an assembler forum, many folks here write other languages and sometimes interface their other language with assembler.