Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Toys / Updated version of "cvstrct" structure conversion tool.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 09:22:21 PM »
This tool makes a reasonable fist of converting C/C++ structures to MASM format. It is not a perfect tool and the result may require some manual editing but it will convert a vast number of structures correctly. Thew minor modification has been to comment out the alignment so it is up to the user to set any required alignment to what they require.
Toys / Re: Random word generator.
« Last post by LiaoMi on Today at 09:10:12 PM »
I am not sure that you have got what the tool is for, its original use was for testing string sorting algorithms where you could make large collections of words to test timings.

I remembered the recent topic about passwords and it was the cry of the soul  :biggrin:
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 08:18:01 PM »
I am not sure that you have got what the tool is for, its original use was for testing string sorting algorithms where you could make large collections of words to test timings.

I  am not   done    today.
1  2   3     4       5

It is not well suited as a password generator as the only factor for passwords is how long they are, not their character distribution. If you restricted the character range to 0123456789 and made a string from them that was 1 megabyte long, the capacity to brute force it probably does not exist.
« Last post by LiaoMi on Today at 07:49:23 PM »
Hello hutch,

Timing >> ranwords output.txt 10000000 4 12 <<
Timing = 32547 ms
Press any key to continue . . .

Different length of words, so it should be? Where can I use a 5-character word for example? It would be cool to have a dictionary generator that compiles long passwords with a small combination of digits. For example

@merican0ldIdols
Y0urd@ilyminicr0ssw0rd

Easy to remember, its hard to make a brute force, you dont need to write anywhere. Even a dictionary attack, if there are manual templates of numbers and symbols, it will be difficult to attack. You can use dictionaries for different languages, Spanish, French, Italian.
The Colosseum / Re: Any news from farabi ?
« Last post by GoneFishing on Today at 06:37:35 PM »
... when the sh*t hits the fan about 60 years from now...

I see you have some unknown reason to mention that  "60 years" deadline more than once. Could you, please, shed a little light on it?

BTW I always wanted to ask if you have any  written works on simulation theory ?
« Last post by sinsi on Today at 03:52:00 PM »
Depends on whose fence it is...
The Colosseum / Ship collisions
« Last post by Magnum on Today at 03:21:18 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/22/politics/uss-mccain-7th-fleet-commander-dismissal/index.html

What do you think?

I do not know all the details but...

Two U.S. naval warships were hit by other commercial ships.

My brother was a sailor on the U.S.S. Nimitz.

He was fairly sharp.

Naval ships have the most advanced radar.

Are there sailors doing a visual watch ?

Toys / Random word generator.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 02:26:35 PM »
A testing tool that generates words of characters in random order for among other things testing string sorting algorithms.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 02:21:12 PM »
Yeah yeah but at least the cat won't get arrested for sharpening its claws on the front fence.
« Last post by rrr314159 on Today at 01:12:34 PM »
Neither the people nor the elected government have much sway there when very powerful interests behind the scene exercise so much power that they are beholding to nobody.

You got that right. Any foreign country that trusts "US" to do the right thing is in trouble. Any country that doesn't trust "US" is also in trouble. ... Conclusion: You guys are in trouble! Here's a country with thousands of nukes, whose hidden owners are monomaniacs who will never be satisfied no matter how much money they steal, and you worry about Russia and China. Those countries are your only hope when the sh*t hits the fan about 60 years from now. Treat them nice!

BTW, for the most part the rest of us are as decent as anyone else. But we have about as much power and influence as my cat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10