Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
ASMC Development / Re: Asmc source and binaries
« Last post by nidud on Today at 04:23:49 AM »
After my adventures while trying Asmc and the cvpack.exe building error, maybe you should include that file in Asmc's tree, or perhaps explain in the help file that you must download it from Jwasm's site.

This is a Microsoft executable. Think there are a few clones included in the Open Watcom package.

PD: In my next project I will be using your compiler.

The Campus / Re: plotting in masm 32 bit
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 02:36:41 AM »
very interesting code - Source code for 'Practical WPF Charts and Graphics' by Jack Xu

Go ahead, Mark's text file with the values used below is attached here :t
The Campus / Re: plotting in masm 32 bit
« Last post by LiaoMi on Today at 01:05:33 AM »

very interesting code - Source code for 'Practical WPF Charts and Graphics' by Jack Xu
its from the book

Maybe, attempt to use together with AsmDotNet64, its also a good idea
I can only notice a different window size in my Windows... don't know. Nevertheless, for a better noticeable example, what I have tried in my example is to make a window with the title bar, the main icon, and the tripplet icons: minimize, maximize, close. And then change this style on demand: to a flat title bar, a title bar with the close button, etc. After a few tries, I left it out.
Here is an example applied to the ascii table program I posted recently.  It's still a work in progress, but here you can see you can select from nine possible borders.

This whole thing came about because I don't like the fat borders one gets in windows 10 high contrast theme.
I use high contrast theme because I dislike the messed up colors on highlighted menus and such in standard themes even more.

It's almost like Microsoft is punishing ungrateful children.  "If you don't like the colors I give you, then here, take this high contrast where you can change the colors but you get fat borders.  Be grateful."  Bah.

First apologies,  I wrote that last message just before bedtime.  I could have been more tactful.
Also, apologies for the messy code.  It started as a much larger program that I stripped down for an example.

Now I went through your code but didn't quite understand what it does. You are creating five windows to the left, then five to the right with identical styles. Afterwards, you try to change the styles of those in the right column. Is that correct?
Not quite correct.  I create the five windows on the left completely with CreateWindowEx, one for each possible type of border available in the dwExStyle parameter.
Then I try to duplicate the same windows the the right of those by first creating the window with the same code except the exstyle is set only to WS_EX_APPWINDOW, with no dwExStyle border set.  Then I used SetWindowLong to change the dwExStyle on that window to one of the five available borders.
The windows on the right should have been identical to those on the left, but they weren't.

I started with the WS_BORDER in the dwStyle parameter because it gave the most visually obvious differences.  Using the other 3 possibilities in dwStyle parameter either worked correctly or resulted in a more subtle difference.

Basically I was hoping I was just forgetting something obvious someone would point out.  At first I thought it was just another thing screwed up about windows 10, but I loaded up windows xp on an old laptop and it did the same thing.

Don't know exactly what changes your example.

There must be something wrong with your Windows version then. On my Win7-64, there clearly is a difference:
Romper Room / Re: hello, i am not an alien
« Last post by zeddicus on Today at 12:19:32 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys.  :icon14:

Don't know exactly what changes your example. If I use the correct menu option "File / Change border". Attach the window before and after use it.
I concluded that there's no good way to get it working.

My example posted above works perfectly, and it's just 4 lines. What exactly did not work for you?
Code: [Select]
jinvoke GetWindowLong, hWnd, GWL_STYLE
jinvoke SetWindowLong, hWnd, GWL_STYLE, rax
jinvoke SetWindowPos, hWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, eax, eax, eax, eax, SWP_FRAMECHANGED or SWP_NOMOVE or SWP_NOSIZE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10