Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: my 100% Assembly game development
« Last post by HSE on Today at 04:53:44 AM »
Now I am going to need two imgs for each stuff, and "AND" the two to create the transparency.

I think that using a rarely used color for transparency you can make the mask on the fly. Just change every images's color diferent to transparency to 1.
The Campus / Re: joke
« Last post by daydreamer on February 18, 2018, 11:24:54 PM »
:biggrin:

Now consistent with my previous assertion, if your taste in Editor's does not fit into the Blonde - Brunette distinction, walk on the wild side, live dangerously, try out a redhead. Its like a kid playing with matches, its risky but fun.  :P
like a hexeditor?
actually there are a completely graphical interface for make shaders for nonprogrammers in older poser its all kind of channels,transparency,bumpmap, etc and you can produce Everything from photorealistic human skin to Clouds,metals like copper and its dropdown menu for mathematical functions combined with you connect several of these channels and math function with lines, with help of drag and drop
also other 3d programs have graphical material editor for shaders, some just shows what it generates without showing math Formulas that generate it
The Campus / Re: Division and the relationship with registers
« Last post by daydreamer on February 18, 2018, 10:54:13 PM »
Hey, why not do the divisions with dword instead. I would do something like this:
ps: Maybe the gurus around have a better idea, but this looks straight forward to me :biggrin:
http://www.ray.masmcode.com/
look here on loads of information, check BCD link
check his fpu tutorial, which already has instructions for packed BCD conversion
http://www.ray.masmcode.com/tutorial/fpuchap6.htm
packed means its get stored, like dw 56, gets stored in each byte $56 hexadecimal, in nibbles
check his fixed Point math also
« Last post by aw27 on February 18, 2018, 10:45:02 PM »
Nope JJ, you have a tendency to always miss the target.
It is not only VS, it is followed in Eclipse, Delphi, Keil ARM and all IDEs I can recall.
In addition, the great VS engine is used in other compilers like the Atmel AVR Studio, which I used recently to make some AVR asm programming.
« Last post by jj2007 on February 18, 2018, 10:27:11 PM »
Real bookmarks, not toy bookmarks
These are not bookmarks, you can call them Task List shortcuts as Visual Studio does.

Nonsense. RichMasm bookmarks are like browser bookmarks: Select a text in your code, e.g. "Cleanup MACRO", hit Ctrl D (as in most browsers), and voilĂ , Cleanup MACRO appears in the rightmost column. From then on, wherever you are in your code, when clicking once on Cleanup MACRO you jump immediately there (as in most browsers). And RichMasm will definitely not try to mimic Visual Crap 8)

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to Visual Crap: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.
« Last post by aw27 on February 18, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »
It doesn't happen on Win7-64,
It does happen on my Win7-64.

Real bookmarks, not toy bookmarks
These are not bookmarks, you can call them Task List shortcuts as Visual Studio does.
However, Notepad++ has plugins for that as well and for hundreds of other things. 
http://docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php?title=Plugin_Central
The Laboratory / Re: Fun with Pixel Shaders and maths
« Last post by Siekmanski on February 18, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
I did it :eusa_dance: It was very easy, only needed a look :t

I knew it. Cool  8)
« Last post by caballero on February 18, 2018, 09:06:30 PM »
> walk on the wild side, live dangerously, try out a redhead
he he. This reminds me to a Polish song about a "ruda" (redhair) girl
« Last post by jj2007 on February 18, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »
I like the feature which allows us to get back to work after having some childish fun.  :greenclp:
Unfortunately sometimes I can not find the main menu.  :( . Other times I can not maximize RichMasm to increase my experience because the main menu covers the Maximize button.  :(

Thanks for informing me about the "covers maximise button" thing. Strange ::)

It doesn't happen on Win7-64, but you are right, Win10 shows this behaviour. Of course, you could simply enlarge the window a little bit, but you are in bug chasing mood, right?  :P

I see with pleasure that you found RichMasm's undocumented "embed image" function :t

I only use it for serious work, though:

Btw the text in the rightmost column, like navigation, tcDefMsg, Csv2Tab, ... are bookmarks. Real bookmarks, not toy bookmarks ;)
The Laboratory / Re: Fun with Pixel Shaders and maths
« Last post by caballero on February 18, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
I did it :eusa_dance: It was very easy, only needed a look :t
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10