News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Movie title request

Started by nychold, November 23, 2013, 02:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nychold

I know this is a bit of an odd request on a programming forum (and for my first post here ever...odd because I was very active in the MASM32 community years ago, but never on here), but since the vast majority of us here are chip-heads, I thought I'd have decent luck.  I've been racking my brain, trying to remember a movie I saw once 10-15 years ago, and it's not going very well. I don't know the year it came out, the actors in it, or any specific scene too well, but I'll give you what I can. Maybe it'll resonate with someone.

The plot of the movie was relatively simple. The CEO (or owner, etc) of a small processor company wants to step down and retire, so he needs to decide what to do with the company. He thinks the head engineer will fill the job nicely, but he has to make sure, so the CEO decides to hire an actor to play his replacement. The actor is told to make all kinds of bad decisions and make the business a very hostile work environment, trying to get the head engineer to step up and take charge. Finally, at the end of the movie, the engineer does step up at a big press-release where they showcase their latest chip design.

There was one scene in particular I remember. It was all the engineers, and the actor CEO sitting around a board room in front of a white board, while the engineers finally say they've fixed the problem in the chip (added a wait state), and all their competitor's code runs flawlessly now. The actor CEO asks why the wait state wasn't found sooner, and the engineer says it's like slipping in a disco song at a dance club. If you do it right, it's awesome, but if you do it wrong, everyone complains. Or something like that.

I realize this is a very long shot, but any help is appreciated! Thanks!

KeepingRealBusy

Nychold,

I do not your answer, and I do not see many such questions here at MASM32 (maybe I'm blind but...), anyway, I do know that the CodeProject (also populated by computer programmers, mainly using HLL and not assembly) have many questions about old movies. You might try there also (in the Lounge, don't try in any of the programming forums or you'll probably get flamed).

Dave.

dedndave

be sure to let us know if you find it
odd that i have never seen this one   :P