Main Menu

Caballero's drawer

Started by avcaballero, May 01, 2018, 05:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

screenshot from ubuntu, exe ran in wine.   :biggrin:

avcaballero

Aha, it looks fine :biggrin:

I hope to have in a short time a version to be able to design your own flag on the fly.

So finally you opted for Ubuntu. I installed my son in his laptop bodhi linux, quite light and pretty.

zedd151

Quote from: caballero

So finally you opted for Ubuntu.

nah, just running from live cd, checking it out (ubuntu that is)

to keep ON topic, exe ran fine ubuntu 12.04.   :bgrin:

avcaballero

Two 3d shapes, a cube and a sphere. You can leave from the planet clicking on it and pressing ESC. You can move the planed dragging it with the left button of the mouse.

A very talented techno spanish group. Aldus haza. I didn't know they were spanish till now. I liked them since ever :t

Siekmanski

Hi Alfonso,

Nice stuff.
We discussed the flag routine, I'm still working on it. ( sorry for the delay )
It will all be done in 2D mode, so no fancy 3D stuff.
Hope to show it soon to you, first finishing my other project ( fast SIMD Matrix transposition building blocks )
Here's a pre release, I still have to finish the shadow and the XY movement code for the final result.
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

avcaballero

Hi Marinus

You're welcome. It would be nice to see it when you have finished it  :t, take your time. I'm working now on making a window to design any flag on the fly and save if in a gif. After that I'd like to improve the routines.

daydreamer

wow Caballero,I wonder how did you do it,so it behaved cool strangely on my xp computer?I clicked on 'x' on window and window+black background disappeared and a rotating 3dsphere was still on my desktop,but everything around it was transparent,I was able to switch to other windows also and when I wanted to close it I clicked on the sphere and esc

very nice flag Siekmanski
SIMD matrix blocks?,sounds very interesting
now when being busy with working with graphics,I see a need of support group hierarchy when you need to use complex 3d objects in a game or demo
does that need some recursion algo to go from highest group 3dtransforms to go down to tiny details,to lots of very tiny parts of objects when it explodes
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

Siekmanski

Can't wait to see your new flag design.  :t

My routine is divided in 2 ways to draw the flags.
1. simple 3 color flags need only 3 pixels in memory.
2. advanced flags will be loaded as color/size reduced png or jpg images and are as small as possible without losing too much detail.

@ daydreamer
Yeah, the pieces flying around due to the explosion need their own world transform matrix per object.

The SIMD matrices are in different small row and column sizes so we can build a very large Matrix Transpose algorithm for all sizes.
I'll post an example routine to time the matrices soon to see how fast the small blocks will be on different computers.
It reminds me of building with LEGO blocks when I was a little kid.  :biggrin:
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

avcaballero

Hello, not finished yet. Here is where I am for now

zedd151

Doh!!!

I downloaded the .png image.   :shock:

That's what I get for clicking before reading. I can't wait to see how your little program works.  :t

Caché GB

Hi zedd151.
That's an ID-10T Error. I've made a few myself.
Caché GB's 1 and 0-nly language:MASM

aw27

Quote from: zedd151 on June 29, 2018, 01:02:36 PM
Doh!!!

I downloaded the .png image.   :shock:

That's what I get for clicking before reading.

Yeap, always "Abre Los Ojos" , would say Caballero.  :badgrin:

zedd151

Quote from: AW on June 29, 2018, 07:55:42 PM
Abre Los Ojos, would say Caballero.  :badgrin:

Otherwise, Open your friggin' eyes.   :P

avcaballero

Hello, this is a prerelease :t

zedd151

The interface looks okay, but I think it would be easier to use if the user didn't have to click on each 'pixel'. While the left mouse button is down, couldn't we just continue to the next 'pixel' (using the same color) without having to click each individual 'pixel'?

Just a thought. Also it would be very hard to make a remblence to the US flag. See my new avatar, I put it up just for this post.   8)

I don't expect you to rewrite your code to my specifications, but just to let you know that one size may not fit all.  But I do like the idea of an automated designer.   :t