Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

64-bit DirectX 11 - Part 2 - Mesh

Started by aw27, May 28, 2018, 06:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonewolff

Quote from: Siekmanski on June 01, 2018, 09:42:09 PM
No need to use ddraw to write 2D text, you can use a 3D vertex format that includes the position of a transformed vertex to draw texture bitmaps in 2D mode.

You dare to suggest that AW is incorrect?  :bgrin:

aw27

No need to use ddraw to write 2D text, you can use a 3D vertex format that includes the position of a transformed vertex to draw texture bitmaps in 2D mode.
Yes, but Direct2D/DirectWrite will print with true vector font quality and will include any Unicode Character in any typeface, size or style.
But I am not saying that we should use it for most games.

Lonewolff

Quote from: AW on June 01, 2018, 09:56:04 PM
Yes, but Direct2D/DirectWrite will print with true vector font quality and will include any Unicode Character in any typeface, size or style.
But I am not saying that we should use it for most games.

More backflips than an Olympic gymnast.

nidud

deleted

Lonewolff

He's a scammer, he grabbed some dudes DMath.lib and is trying to pass it off as his own  :P

aw27

@Nidud,
It is not the DirectXMath library it is the DMath Library.
https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/1174521/DMath-is-DirectXMath-for-All
It does not use vector call it is compatible with any programming language. The syntax and function names are the same as DirectXmath

nidud

deleted

aw27

I got your point, it is a library of 1 object:
lib.exe /out:DMathSt64.lib DMath64.obj

I could have made 500+ objects, however it would have complicated a lot because many functions call other functions.

felipe

Quote from: jj2007 on June 01, 2018, 05:05:25 PM
But everybody can also see that you are frustrated.

:idea: I don't pretend to make more fight here, but i want to express myself to say i don't feet in that group. My opinion is that you have some "acid" sense of humour and you are also a critic person. I also want to point here (in some kind of respecfull way to a human person) that you have contributed in this forum helping others and with good working source code for 32 and 64 bits. Please, don't get discouraged with this kind of fights in the forum, you are a good member i think.  :icon14: