News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests
NB: Posting URL's See here: Posted URL Change

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Campus / Re: ML errors
Last post by zedd151 - July 16, 2024, 06:53:36 AM
Tim, did you mean to add something? All I see in your post is an oddly  truncated quote from myself, and nothing from you.  :tongue:
Last post by tda0626 - July 16, 2024, 05:37:20 AM
Quote from: zedd151 on July 14, 2024, 01:30:27 AMFirst, I put the rand routines in WM_CREATE for the initial random number.
Then I also put it in WM_CHAR using the space bar to initiate next random number(s)... all of that plus commented out the random routine from WM_PAINT.

I did not change the positioning of the text, I'll leave it for you.  :biggrin:
[hWnd, message, wParam, lParam

ret

WndProc endp

RNDNumber

There are most likely other ways to do the same. I just offer one example here.  :tongue:  It is not perfect, but should give you some ideas.

Sorry for the long delay, Tim. Real life interferes and I had forgotten about this til just now.
Btw, no ml errors here nor any Defender issues (I'm running Windows 7).  :cool:
ObjAsm / Re: HTTP Time Server
Last post by Biterider - July 16, 2024, 03:37:57 AM
Update:
I added a few command line switches to the application.
The most important is /Port to specify the used port. The default is still 25773.
E.g.
HttpTimeServer.exe /Port:13
The pdf file is updated to reflect this change.

Biterider
Miscellaneous Projects / Re: UASM64 Library
Last post by mabdelouahab - July 16, 2024, 03:22:49 AM
 :thumbsup:
But what about Linux users?
The Laboratory / Re: LibwebpDemux testing
Last post by guga - July 16, 2024, 03:04:43 AM
Btw....if someone wants to give a test on the original libwebpdemux.dll i used to create the RosAsm version, here it is
The Laboratory / LibwebpDemux testing
Last post by guga - July 16, 2024, 02:51:50 AM
Ok, guys

I´m porting the libwebp library to RosAsm syntax. So far it seems to be working. Just missing to finish a couple of more exported functions, before making further tests. (Didn´t tested all the exported functions i made so far, so dunno, if it will crash is some of them yet)

Since this is a temporary test, i named the library as "Mylibwebpdemux.dll". When i finishes it i´ll rename it back to the proper name.

The goal is not only fix the webpdemux exported functions in the original Api, but make it work not too much dependent on libwebp.dll (Which also, maybe i´ll port this in the future as well.

In order to make it work better, once i´ll fix the other exported functions, i´ll focus on the dependent exports used from libwebp.dll, such as WebPGetFeaturesInternal.

From libwebp library, the demuxer uses a few of them, such as:

WebPInitDecoderConfigInternal
        WebPDecode
        WebPSafeCalloc
        WebPSafeMalloc
        WebPSafeFree
        WebPDecode
        WebPGetFeaturesInternal
        VP8LCheckSignature
        VP8CheckSignature
        VP8GetInfo
        VP8LGetInfo
        WebPFreeDecBuffer
        WebPCopyPlane

Many of them i also fixed it and inserted inside my version of libwebpdemux.dll. The library itself (libwebp and libwebpdmux) seems to be robust, but seems to has some flaws in memory leaking and not releasing the full allocated memory. Not to mention that some functions do nothing at all (such as: WebPDemuxReleaseChunkIterator, WebPDemuxReleaseIterator)
Windows API / WM_SETFONT behaviour changed b...
Last post by jj2007 - July 15, 2024, 07:42:44 PM
invoke SendMessage, hControl, WM_SETFONT, hFont, 0

That worked fine in Windows 7, but Windows 10 requires 1 as redraw flag
Last post by jj2007 - July 15, 2024, 05:36:20 PM
Quote from: daydreamer on July 15, 2024, 02:23:16 AMM2m ace2,ace

No error? Which macro is that?
The Workshop / Re: Echo value of offset
Last post by daydreamer - July 15, 2024, 05:07:02 PM
Quote from: NoCforMe on July 15, 2024, 04:27:48 AMIt's a mid-level language then: certainly higher than punching in raw opcodes in binary, but nowhere near as high level as, say, C++, where all kinds of calculations (addresses, array indices, structure selectors) are done for you behind the scenes.
For asm programmers:
More freedom howto code ,but responsible for code adresses right or its buggy code instead of compiler automatically codes byte,word,dword/real4,qword/real8 arrays right
Ofcourse i could use masm way to code struct arrays if i want or take care of itself with manually code it
The Workshop / Re: Echo value of offset
Last post by Rockphorr - July 15, 2024, 07:22:57 AM
Any way, we enjoy by the lea instruction  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin: