Main Menu

Those that remember it, will Get It

Started by stoo23, September 30, 2024, 04:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoo23

:thumbsup:

NoCforMe

"Duh, military intelligence: isn't that a contradiction in terms?"
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

stoo23

QuoteDuh, military intelligence: isn't that a contradiction in terms?
???
Isn't that a Groucho statement ??
Not sure I get that reference ....  :rolleyes:

stoo23

Hmmm, had to seriously think about that one, as it Was ... vaguely familiar, so looked it up and it was actually; "Army Intelligence"  :wink2: from Banana Formula

In the scene it comes from, Rocky and Bullwinkle are on board Captain Peechfuzz's Steamship and Bullwinkle has the hiccups from eating a Banana (with a Secret Formula for the 'Hush-A-Bomb', printed on the inside) and two Army intelligence agents board the river steamer and after confirming Bullwinkle HAD eaten the Banana, tie and gag Bullwinkle, to prevent him from revealing the formula, (as Bullwinkle had been repeating the formula each time he hiccup's) and after they bound and gagged Bullwinkle, Rocky asks "Hey what's the Big Idea" ?? One of the agents replies, .. "Army Intelligence,... that mean anything to you?" and Rocky replies,... "Yeah, sounds like a contradiction in terms" and in a Trice, Rocky was also Bound & Gagged ...  :joking:

sinsi

Pretty sure it was Rocky and Bullwinkle (1959-1964), Groucho's quote is from 1974.
Quote[Bulwinkle has been captured by government agents]

Rocky:
Hey, what's the meaning of this?

Agent:
Military intelligence. That phrase mean anything to you?

Rocky:
It sounds like a contradiction of terms.

Moose, squirrel get it? :badgrin:

stoo23

Wow, well, there you go,..

I was a serious 'Moose and Sqwirrel' fan (said in my very best Boris voice)  :biggrin:
but I did Not remember those references,... specifically,... was probably Still laughing at something that happened in "Fractured Fairytales" to remember  :joking:

zedd151

Good Cold War era fun.  :tongue:
Bullwinkle: "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat..."
Rocky: "Oh no, not again!"
Bullwinkle: "Pulls out a lion"
Never gets old.  :greensml:

:biggrin:
"We are living in interesting times"   :tongue:

zedd151

That looked more like a bear, coulda swore it was usually a lion. Memories fade I guess.
There was one episode where Bullwinkle played that gag, and actually did pull out a rabbit.

All 4 animals - bullwinkle hat trick

So, I guess I was 25% correct.  :tongue:

Lol. I just realized that the video jj linked to is almost the same as this one (compilation of the hat trick).  :toothy:  I stopped his video after seeing the bear.  :joking:
"We are living in interesting times"   :tongue:

daydreamer

Quote from: zedd151 on September 30, 2024, 11:01:25 PMGood Cold War era fun.  :tongue:
Bullwinkle: "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat..."
Rocky: "Oh no, not again!"
Bullwinkle: "Pulls out a lion"
Never gets old.  :greensml:

:biggrin:

:badgrin:
Created text adventure spy theme West/East Berlin, friend of mine suggested funny movie theatre description in East Berlin :"showing marx brothers new movie featuring the black sheep aka Karl marx"  :biggrin:
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

NoCforMe

Quote from: sinsi on September 30, 2024, 05:12:57 PMPretty sure it was Rocky and Bullwinkle (1959-1964), Groucho's quote is from 1974.
Quote[Bulwinkle has been captured by government agents]

Rocky:
Hey, what's the meaning of this?

Agent:
Military intelligence. That phrase mean anything to you?

Rocky:
It sounds like a contradiction of terms.

Moose, squirrel get it? :badgrin:

I'm still pretty sure that Bullwinkle J. Moose said that line somewhere in there. They re-used some of their gags, as we've seen with the pull-a-rabbit-out-of-the-hat one.

Found at least one reference to it here.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

stoo23

QuoteI'm still pretty sure that Bullwinkle J. Moose said that line somewhere in there. They re-used some of their gags, as we've seen with the pull-a-rabbit-out-of-the-hat one.
Yeah, well, off the 'Top of My Head', I too would have thought that Bullwinkle would have said that line, ..... BUT ... it sure appears that he Didn't,.... in fact most of the sites, (that quote the 'line'), don't get the quote correct, even with the mention of the correct episode !!
MY Edits were made after watching the episode.

"Banana Formula", was the 5th story arc from the 4th Season of Rocky and Bullwinkle (originally titled The Bullwinkle Show). It was broadcast on NBC during the 1962-63 television season.

Aside: (and in your Best Narrators voice)  :wink2:
Given an ambiguous order from Fearless Leader which simply states "Steal formula," Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale stumble upon a new sound-suppressed explosive named "Hush-a-Bomb" (pronounced "Hush-a-Boom"), but lose the formula when they foolishly inscribe it on a banana that Bullwinkle J. Moose promptly devours.

If you go to 28:30 in the episode below, the Scene starts from there  :thumbsup:

daydreamer

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

daydreamer

Other fun cartoons I remember was tex Avery
 wolf from country went to town and saw  sexy red riding hood dancing in a saloon
Also nutty squirell
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

daydreamer

Nobody liked tex avery cartoons? Or hated ?
Or you suddenly grew too old for cartoons ?;)
Anybody seen tex avery cartoons?
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding