News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Fpulib

Started by raymond, May 31, 2012, 11:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond

I'm certainly partly to blame for not checking what was intended to be used in the MASM32 SDK prior to its official release. I have recently realized that the currently included Fpulib version is a 5-year old one. Until this gets corrected in the near future, anyone having already downloaded the SDK (or doing so before it gets updated), and wishing to use the Fpulib, should thus download the latest version from:
http://www.ray.masmcode.com/fpu.html#fpulib

You should unzip it in the existing /masm32/fpulib subfolder, overwriting everything, and then copy
the Fpu.inc file to the /masm32/include subfolder,
the Fpu.lib file to the /masm32/lib subfolder, and
the Fpulib.chm file to the /masm32/help subfolder.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :redface:
Whenever you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time.
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

hutch--

Sad to say this was my blunder, I downloaded the wrong file from Ray's site and the version included in the current MASM32 SDK Version 11 is out of date.

Fpulib is an important part of the MASM32 SDK and to bring your vewrsion up to date you should download the zip file from Ray's site and install it according to his instructions.

dedndave

don't feel bad guys - a lot of stuff to keep track of    :t

qWord

Hi Hutch,
have you planed an updated release of the SDK?
I'm currently working on some of the macros to make them TCHAR-aware...

qWord
MREAL macros - when you need floating point arithmetic while assembling!

dedndave

there are a few small issues that could be fixed in kernel32/kernl32p as well

mywan

Is it safe to assume that the MASM32 SDK downloaded this month (July) has the updated Fpulib included? It's not part of the core what what I intend to use MASM for but I might want to play with it some.

jj2007

No, it's not updated afaik. Follow the link in Ray's post above.

mywan

raymond

My son gave me a ThinkPad for Christmas so that I would have a more modern decent computer while being down South for a few winter months (I still have WinXP down there).

Yesterday, I decided to download the latest version (v11) of the MASM32 SDK. The latest version of the Fpulib folder (Fpulib2_3) has been added as an additional folder alongside with the old Fpulib folder in the download. However, I strongly suspect that the fpu library included in the "lib" folder is the old version because only the files from that folder seem to have been compiled to create the fpu.lib file in that old forder with yesterday's date as its creation date. The fpu.lib file in the new Fpulib2_3 folder still has its 2010 creation date.

The fpuhelp file in the 'help' folder is also the one for the older version of the library, and is also the one called up by qeditor in its help options.

As a side note, I tried to install the SDK directly to my laptop. The .zip file downloaded without problem but nothing was happening when trying to install it (it simply created a transparent window). I eventually installed it on my old XP computer, and then transfered the new MASM32 folder to my laptop with a USB memory stick!!!!
Whenever you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time.
http://www.ray.masmcode.com