How to test and run assembly programs without Visual Studio

Started by RedSkeleton007, September 11, 2015, 12:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWell

Quote from: RedSkeleton007 on September 12, 2015, 02:31:22 AM

Quote from: TWell on September 11, 2015, 06:05:06 PM
Visual Studio Express is free.
PellesC IDE have debugger too :t here
Thanks, but it seems from the description that it's only for C. How do you know that it also compiles masm too?
Because in Visual Studio Express there are ml.exe and ml64.exe

jj2007

Quote from: RedSkeleton007 on September 12, 2015, 02:31:22 AM
Quote from: jj2007 on September 11, 2015, 04:22:26 PM
Either use RichMasm (an intelligent editor that recognises a console app and knows that the window must stay open),
Again, I don't think I have the full fledged RichMasm in my masm32 package for some bizarre annoying reason. The only RichMasm related thing I have is in the screen shot image I attached to this post in a zipped folder. If you have a latest version of the masm32 sdk package with the RichMasm content I'm supposed to have, please provide or point me to it. By the way, can you also tell me how I can place inline images in my posts?

You do have it. You even highlighted it yourself. Just select it and hit Return. Re inline images: rename the jpg to zip and attach it...

herge

Hello:

You have a couple of options.
1. File Open with ... You might have to Browse for the Application
     You need i e Qeditor
2. _getch ( ); in C++ or inkey in Assembler

3. Do Nothing in VC2010 it pauses automatically.

4. Download the Borland 5.5 Compiler I think it's under
    10 meg. Very Old but still can do the Job.

Regards Herge
Regards herge
Read "Slow Death by Rubber Duck"
for chemical Laughs.

Oliver Scantleberry

Quote from: ToutEnMasm on September 12, 2015, 02:42:09 AM

Two soluce ,

Even if only one, is it a typo or some foreign language garbage. This is America. We speak English here.

jj2007

Quote from: Oliver Scantleberry on December 01, 2015, 08:40:57 AM

Two soluce ,

Even if only one, is it a typo or some foreign language garbage. This is America. We speak English here.

Nope. This is Australia, we are tolerant here, and most of us speak and write more than one language.

Oliver Scantleberry

Quote from: jj2007 on December 01, 2015, 09:42:10 AM
Quote from: Oliver Scantleberry on December 01, 2015, 08:40:57 AM

Two soluce ,

Nope. This is Australia, we are tolerant here, and most of us speak and write more than one language.

I believe you. Life would be difficult down there in Australia without French, or Italian, or German, or Erse in addition to English.

hutch--

Since we have members from many places around the world, we have long ago learnt to be tolerant of differences in language from one place to another. The "English" we speak in OZ would not be understood by most except the Kiwis and the English. Since Yves's English is certainly better than my French I tend to get most of what he says most of the time. This is an English language forum but we get plenty of variations on the way through.

TouEnMasm

thanks to Hutch
Here an explain of this word
Soluce is a french-portugues word for solution,Walkthrough
He is used more often speaking of video-game.
latin is solutio
portugues say soluçar.
Can be a valuable word also for the English OZ (US language)
:lol:
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

Oliver Scantleberry

Quote from: hutch-- on December 01, 2015, 07:48:46 PM
Since we have members from many places around the world, we have long ago learnt to be tolerant of differences in language from one place to another. The "English" we speak in OZ. . .

Being tolerant is one thing but throwing French, Portuguese, Erse, etc. words around an English forum is, at best, inconsiderate. At least "OZ", whatever that is, is different.

hutch--

Well, I would like to think that OZ was where Judy Garland went to in the movie (The Wizard of) but sad to say its also the idiomatic abbreviation for Australia where this forum is located and where I live. Now I am sure that you know that all spoken English is only ever approximate English, the dialect that I speak here in OZ would not be understood by most. The largest English speaking population in is India with China catching up fast and they are both full of expressions that I only barely get. We deal with a wide range of folks from many places with many different variations of English, pseudo English and often due to language origin differences, truly lousy English but English has a capacity to handle foreign words that many other "academy" languages cannot do. We generally call them "loan words", voila etc ....

jj2007

In short, as Yves would put it: "English is a beautiful language, and she can be abused by everybody" 8)

GoneFishing

TouEnMasm

abuse not,i'm not JJ.
But playing with language is a pleasure for many authors,it is like that in France.
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

Grincheux

Kenavo (Bye)
----------------------
Help me if you can, I'm feeling down...

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.