Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

How to test and run assembly programs without Visual Studio

Started by RedSkeleton007, September 11, 2015, 12:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Oliver,

It would be to your advantage to get a copy of the old WIN32.HLP file and if necessary, get the Winhelp update from Microsoft so you can use it as it has all of the core Win32 API functions in it. You can get the later stuff from MSDN or similar. Something that simplifies almost all Windows API functions is the SIZE of the arguments which are almost all DWORD (32 bit in size). What you get from WIN32.HLP is what is expected as to whether an argument for an API is a value or an address.

Oliver Scantleberry

Quote from: hutch-- on December 12, 2015, 12:02:58 PM
Oliver,

It would be to your advantage to get a copy of the old WIN32.HLP file and if necessary, get the Winhelp update from Microsoft so you can use it as it has all of the core Win32 API functions in it. You can get the later stuff from MSDN or similar. Something that simplifies almost all Windows API functions is the SIZE of the arguments which are almost all DWORD (32 bit in size). What you get from WIN32.HLP is what is expected as to whether an argument for an API is a value or an address.

I haven't been able to find an executable that will run with a '.hlp' file. The ones I found would not load under Windows 10 which is what this laptop is. The ones I've tried error'd out trying to load (install) them.

Thanks for the hint.