Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Better code, please!

Started by jj2007, October 26, 2017, 11:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

First, the good news: The MasmBasic package is only 512kBytes. :t

Now the bad news: It's a continuous fight to keep it within the 0.5MB limit imposed by the forum :(

Therefore I often keep my comments to the absolute minimum. Understandable but bad practice :eusa_naughty:

That is why RichMasm can now export the *.inc files with comments stripped off. After all, the macros are documented anyway, so from a user perspective the comments are not very important. From now on, I will be generous with comments, so the library will hopefully become perfect very soon :bgrin:

Attached a beta, including a partial MasmBasic source that contains the sections for the 64-bit and QuadMath macros. To test that, extract all files to \Masm32\MasmBasic and drag MasmBasicDemo4Export.src over RichMasm.exe

On top, there is this line

; click #Mb6432.asm[/b]=\masm32\MasmBasic\Res\DualMacs.asm]here to export °BIdual 64/32-bit macros   ;$uc

followed by lots of code and

;$rl ------------- end of Mb6432.asm ------------------------

By clicking on the first line, everything between the markers gets exported to Res\DualMacs.asm. Well, almost everything ;-)

HSE

But you can split the package. One part with RichMasm, and the rest in the other part.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

Yes, I could do that, but I prefer keeping only one installer. The stripping has freed about 23kB zipped, that should be ok for adding some more examples, especially in the help file (\Masm32\MasmBasic\MbGuide.rtf).