News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

The "simple skeleton" doesn't work for me

Started by Petra93, September 09, 2018, 06:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petra93

I am making baby steps, and failing.  Trying to run the simple program shown on Page 1 of
Tips, Tricks and Traps, with RichMasm. It's been assigned the name "SkelMasmBasic.asc" somehow,
but it doesn't run when I press the F6 key. And I would like to change the name of the program
via the File menu, but I'm unable to enter anything in the column in the File As page.

I am hoping to insert some simple arithmetic, such as "add eax,5" when the program runs, and then
I would like to watch the registers with the Olly Debug. Clearly I'm missing some essential step.

I would appreciate some advice,

Michael

jj2007

Hi Michael,

Sorry for that. When you hit F6, do you see any error messages in the white output window? In case there is no white window to the right: hit F7 to show it. Please copy the whole content of the output window and post it here.

Btw where did you get the SkelMasmBasic.asc? It is not included in the current package.

hutch--

I have moved this post to the correct forum so that it does not get mixed up with the normal MASM stuff.

Petra93

Unfortunately, the RichMasm editor has disappeared from my masm32 folder. I shall have to reinstall it, I suppose.

As I mentioned in my original post, I didn't name the program myself, although I did try to rename it. the
name SkelMasmBasic.asc just appeared all by itself after I had typed in the text of the program.

Michael

jj2007

Thanks. The editor sits at \Masm32\MasmBasic\RichMasm.exe
I am curious what happened there. I run it on several machines and haven't seen such problems for years. Grateful for feedback :icon14: