News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ACE - ASM Code Editor

Started by i Z !, January 19, 2019, 02:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i Z !

I've learnt that one of the easiest things to do on the keyboard is pressing the same key twice, or pressing two keys which are close to each other. With this observation in mind and also with a bit of inspiration from the graphical user interfaces on CNC machines, I've started this project over five years ago, slowly developing it and occasionally using it for writing ASM code. I got very used to it and something was missing when I was editing ASM code in plain text editor. For example, for a few times, after I wrote the first argument I pressed Space, expecting that it will serve as pressing the comma sign(","), as it would in my app.
In the beginning of 2019, I started a new project, which involved some ASM code. When I was using the editor, I fell in love with it completely, put the current project aside and I decided to finally start selling the app in the Microsoft Store. But the app had only two textboxes, there weren't any menus yet, I was even using it without the Open and Save procedures, I used to copy-paste the code from and to the actual assembler. In around ten days of hard work, I managed to build menus, add some new commands, make some appearance adjustments to bring the form close to Windows standards, improve some functions and pack it all together.

Currently it's only available on windows 10, so if you're running Windows 10, please give it a go. There's a 30-day free trial on MS Store.

Version 0.6.3.0 is out.
Please test -- Anyone that finds a relevant bug will be given the app for free!

By "relevant" I mean:
- All unhandled exceptions (errors)
- Any unexpected behavior of the editor, which result in changes of the edited code

Comments and questions are welcome.

i Z !

As mentioned on ACE webpage, my opening release must have looked like a joke when installed. But luckily only one person from my country downloaded it and I hope his/her PC still works well.  :P (just kidding)

But now the app is all neat and clean, with plenty of screenshots added on MS Store.(Don't mind the colors, your system's colors Window, GrayText and WindowText are used by this app.)
I made so many great changes and updates to the app code, that I should probably call it v0.2.0.0 instead of v0.1.2.0...

Please do have a look, if you're looking for an automated code editor.

ragdog

Hello

A Asm editor for 39,99 €  , I do not buy the cat in the bag!  :biggrin:
Without test it like trial version.

i Z !

Quote from: ragdog on January 23, 2019, 08:59:41 PM
A Asm editor for 39,99 €  , I do not buy the cat in the bag!  :biggrin:
Without test it like trial version.

There is a 30-day trial. You should be able to access it by clicking the dropdown arrow on the Buy button.

Edit: Thanks for looking into it and for pointing this out, so other users will know, 'cause it is indeed a bit hidden.

i Z !

Quote from: i Z ! on January 23, 2019, 08:25:44 PM
, with plenty of screenshots added

oh.. Sorry, the screenshots are not yet visible on the MS Store listing. Let's give it a few more hours..

i Z !

Looks like Microsoft Store is having some problems, but you can download the latest package anyway.

<*** IMAGE REMOVED... ***>

jj2007

You shouldn't eat those games anyway :P

i Z !

Quote from: jj2007 on January 24, 2019, 04:05:23 PM
You shouldn't eat those games anyway :P
haha :biggrin:

They must be very busy in the Store. Many developers with many updates.
So far I'm happy with their service. If someone else on this forum is having trouble converting his first app's files into .appx file using Desktop Bridge, he can send me a PM.

Update: Wow, the update that I submitted earlier today is already in the MS Store
Now you can download or update to version 0.2.0.0

And also some new looks on MS Store.. A separate button for trial version..

Note: All the posts except the first one will probably be deleted soon...

i Z !

I want them all but the first one removed...

jj2007

Honestly: This is ridiculously complicated. The app store even requests that I register - NO WAY! If you want feedback on your editor, zip it and post it here. After all, it's coded in assembler and therefore will fit into the 512kB limit, right?

i Z !

Quote from: jj2007 on January 25, 2019, 08:33:34 PM
Honestly: This is ridiculously complicated. The app store even requests that I register - NO WAY!

Please try putting this in your browser:

ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9PM9TB6XP802

It will take you directly to the MS Store which is already installed on your Windows where you are already signed in by default.

Quote from: jj2007 on January 25, 2019, 08:33:34 PM
After all, it's coded in assembler and therefore will fit into the 512kB limit, right?

It's written entirely in VB. But still, with the Optimization option in VS 2015, the .exe only has 306 kB.

ragdog

QuoteHonestly: This is ridiculously complicated. The app store even requests that I register - NO WAY! If you want feedback on your editor, zip it and post it here. After all, it's coded in assembler and therefore will fit into the 512kB limit, right?

:t

QuoteIt will take you directly to the MS Store which is already installed on your Windows where you are already signed in by default.

I have no a MS store account i have no Store installed . :biggrin:

why do not you upload the 30 day trial here or other link ,without I need an account.

Without test it can we not give any feedback.

i Z !

Quote from: ragdog on January 26, 2019, 02:00:25 AM

I have no a MS store account i have no Store installed . :biggrin:

why do not you upload the 30 day trial here or other link ,without I need an account.

Yeah, unfortunately it's only available to Windows 10 users for now.
But I will probably make a demo version for older Windows.
I'll limit it to 60 lines or something...

ragdog

QuoteYeah, unfortunately it's only available to Windows 10 users for now.
But I will probably make a demo version for older Windows.
I'll limit it to 60 lines or something...

Not all have windows 10

why limit it to 60 lines or something...?

can you tell me more?

jj2007

Quote from: i Z ! on January 26, 2019, 01:48:54 AMPlease try putting this in your browser:

ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9PM9TB6XP802

It will take you directly to the MS Store which is already installed on your Windows where you are already signed in by default.

Nope, it just shows me google hits with "Launch the Microsoft Store app" on top. Really, you are in the wrong movie here. Nobody here will test your editor unless you zip it and post it here.