News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Grandpa's

Started by Bill Cravener, November 03, 2012, 02:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Got this in an email today, made me laugh out-loud.

This is for all the grandfathers out there.

Last week, I took my grandchildren to a restaurant.

My six-year-old grand-son asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Grandpa gets us ice cream for dessert. And liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!"

Hearing this, my grand-son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached the table.

He winked at my grand-son and said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?" my grand-son asked. "Cross my heart," the man replied.

Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing),

"Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my grand-children ice cream at the end of the meal. My grand-son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman.

With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Shove it up your ass you grouchy old bitch! "

Touches the heart doesn't it?

Gunther

Hi Bill,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

dedndave

i bet you thought he was going to tell her it was good for her soul   :biggrin:

too bad they used a "sundae" in the story
i probably would have embellished by using a banana split   :badgrin: