Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

BibTex routines

Started by HSE, January 13, 2021, 10:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSE

Hi all!

Following idea presented in XML or JSON? found interesting perhaps to use directly a BibTex file (.bib) for full bibliography list.

Until now only lecture and builded in 32bit (in theory must build in 64bit but not tested yet).

Some crazy macros  :eusa_dance: and a couple of Finite State Machines  :biggrin:

Regards. HSE.

PD. 2. Corrected a dual (32-64) feature.
      3. Leaks elimination and moderator's corrections for 64 bit  :thumbsup: 
      4. Biterider modifications to support WIDE_STRING and other corrections. Ignoring @comment{} and entries not specified in https://www.bibtex.com/.
      5. Corrections and extentions.
      6. Very big field contents. Solved LaTEX escapes  but not LaTEX macros.
      7. Solved concatenation. Processing @string and non standard entries.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

Hi HSE
I checked the code which is really well written.  :thumbsup:
The exe works fine. When I find some time, I'll compile it for 64 bit and check the results against 32 bit.

Since I don't know much about the BibTex format, if the app does what is expected, is atm beyond my knowledge. :rolleyes:

Regards, Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider!

Quote from: Biterider link=topic=9104.msg100025#msg100025 date=16105285/72
When I find some time, I'll compile it for 64 bit and check the results against 32 bit.
Fantastic, because look like my 64bit installation is outdated (but cheking in 32 bit machine I don't found a possible reason   :rolleyes:).

Quote from: Biterider on January 13, 2021, 08:02:52 PM
Since I don't know much about the BibTex format, if the app does what is expected, is atm beyond my knowledge. :rolleyes:
Here I used the www.BibTex.com general use format, which is very simple. Full features (mostly to be used in Latex) are presented in www.BibTex.org and requiere more processes.

Thanks. HSE.

HSE

Quote from: HSE on January 14, 2021, 12:31:03 AM
because look like my 64bit installation is outdated (but cheking in 32 bit machine I don't found a possible reason   :rolleyes:).
The posible reason: in x64 there was ObjAsm C.1.0  :biggrin:
Updated to ObjAsm C.1.1, still there is some problem.
In x86 I have development version ObjAsm C.1.2. (GitHub) :eusa_boohoo:

Biterider

Hi HSE
It compiles right out of the box and outputs exactly the same result  :thumbsup:

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider!!

Confirmed. Something wrong in C.1.1 . Cloning C.1.2 everything look Ok.

Now I remember, you corrected DbgStr  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Regards., HSE.

HSE

Hi all !!

Updated in first post:

• Corrected first finite state machine
  • Simplification to ANSI because standard implementation don't support UTF-8.    
  • Added extended type "unknownfile"
  • Added extended fields "location", "store", "path", "fname" and "extention" .

Regards, HSE.

HSE

Hi all!!
  • @Preamble,@String and @Comments are included now (just like strings).
  • Complete modification of second Finite State Machine to allow very big field contents. I was thinking in "note" and "annote", but there is a test with hundreds of authors in one field, then all fields contents are now unlimited.
  • Solved LaTEX escapes frecuents in some examples, but not macros (or what name have the "#" thing)  yet .
   Code in first post.

Regards, HSE

Biterider

Hi HSE
BibTex6 works fine here  :thumbsup:

Biterider

HSE

Hi All!

• Solved concanation input and output
  • Processing @string entries to obtain a correct output of text variables. That requiere a 4th FSM
  • Processing non standard entries, in that case all fields are considered additionals. In theory this can read most ANSI extension of BibTEX.
Code in first post and updated BibTexApp in development.

Regards, HSE.

Biterider

Hi HSE
The source compiles well.  :thumbsup:
I'm seeing a lot of parsing going on, probably the new stuff. I'll take a closer look this weekend.

Biterider

HSE

Hi Biterider!

Quote from: Biterider on February 10, 2021, 05:16:16 PM
I'm seeing a lot of parsing going on, probably the new stuff.
:biggrin: There are four Finite State Machines, some become a lot more complex than initially was thinked.

Individual file processing is almost complete but, fun never end.

BibTEX processes sequences of files. That sequences are contained in the LaTEX files you write. Because that, BibTEX open .tex files, no .bib files. Even if you are not using LaTEX could be convenient to split definitions (like authors or journals) in different files. Then, next step is to process sequences of files   :eusa_boohoo:

Regards, HSE.