Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Re: The MASM Forum Introduction Video

Started by Vortex, January 25, 2021, 01:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Hi Magnus,

While I don't claim to have understood your comments, if you want to get things you have done on the screen, you use a screen capture app. I use one that came with my video editor and it does the job OK, set the window size, set the frame rate then record what you are doing on the screen. Be aware that the raw recording file size is massive but you can trim that down by its bitrate with an app like ffmpeg.

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on January 29, 2021, 06:14:14 PM
While I don't claim to have understood your comments, if you want to get things you have done on the screen, you use a screen capture app. I use one that came with my video editor and it does the job OK, set the window size, set the frame rate then record what you are doing on the screen. Be aware that the raw recording file size is massive but you can trim that down by its bitrate with an app like ffmpeg.
I been using Cg apps making animations and they output to uncompressed file format,for easier postwork it,so you need to have a big HD to output to
wondering how you do so we avoid,the no popup window asking me if I want to login to youtube and commercial the first seconds?
I have made something unfinished with showing how you can use Icons
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

daydreamer

Motivation video  :thumbsup:
In a Avx video,I can imagine perfect background would be an autobahn video

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

Glad you liked it but the limit is bandwidth. Its done in 1080 with the bitrate screwed down.

daydreamer

64 bit library nice video,similar batch file with 32bit?
SIMT example video with several threads would be nice
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

:biggrin:

Over the last week I have just about mastered a later text to speech app and the voices I have with it are a lot better than the SAPI5 ones I used with Balabolka but after experimenting with using voice, its a lot slower to communicate information than text and code so I will have to work on that for a while to see if its useful.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on February 24, 2021, 09:32:48 PMthe voices I have with it are a lot better than the SAPI5 ones I used with Balabolka

What did you use then? I found a demo here that sounds very good, but it costs...

hutch--

I found it on Facebook, its called Talkia. Cost me about $80 AUD and the available voices are usable. Problem is to upgrade anything it starts to get very expensive so I have so far stuck with the standard set of voices.

hutch--

I checked the link, the voices I heard were old SAPI5 voices that are not very good.

hutch--

I just posted a new video using an Indian accent explaining stack frames in x64. From watching Youtube videos like "Tech for Luddites" and TFI Global videos I have tried to get a similar effect, I borrowed the name "Shubhangi" from one of the voice overs of TFI Global and it seems to have worked well.

Any feedback here would be useful as I am trying to get these tutorials into an easy to watch and easy to understand form.

Gunther

Steve,

Shubhangi sounds not so good for me. You might want to try the Australian female voice.

Gunther

You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

hutch--

I have just forked for another text to speech app and between the two I am starting to have a good range of voices at last. I used the Indian accent voice to try and make it a little less "anglo" to many people who don't comes from places like the US, UK, OZ, Canada, NZ and it sounds a lot like a couple of sources I have watched.

I may try the next one with a different voice, the problem with Australian accents (mine included) is they are very flat with little intonation and some people would not understand them all that well.

Gunther

Steve,

Quote from: hutch-- on February 28, 2021, 11:02:28 PM
I may try the next one with a different voice, the problem with Australian accents (mine included) is they are very flat with little intonation and some people would not understand them all that well.

is that really so? I never had any problems understanding Australians or New Zealanders. Of course, the Queens English is dead, but how about a native English speaker?

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on February 28, 2021, 11:02:28 PM
I have just forked for another text to speech app and between the two I am starting to have a good range of voices at last. I used the Indian accent voice to try and make it a little less "anglo" to many people who don't comes from places like the US, UK, OZ, Canada, NZ and it sounds a lot like a couple of sources I have watched.

profiling with Indian woman reading up if you want to,there is loads of Indian,chinese people ...,but might be impopular choice among some people
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

I just posted the next version and it has an English voice. I don't particularly like the latest TTS app but it has some decent voices.