News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Caballero's drawer

Started by avcaballero, May 01, 2018, 05:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avcaballero

Yes, it wouldn't be easy to make the us flag, it would be needed more points. With this only an approximation.  I would like to make a more advanced version later. This version is more simplistic.

Edited: Now you can draw holding down the left button of your mouse

zedd151

Quote from: caballero on July 01, 2018, 01:05:49 AM

Edited: Now you can draw holding down the left button of your mouse

:t   Thats much better. Now if I could draw a straight line, I'd be goin' places.   :badgrin:

As for the flag,   The one I tried looked about like that.   :P   

As for the US flag design, They never imagined someone would try too recreate it one pixel at a time.  :icon_rolleyes: :shock:

This version is more simplistic.

Simple can be good sometime.

Hmmm, no comments on my pixel-flag avatar?    :icon_confused: ;) :shock:      :icon_mrgreen:

avcaballero

Ah, I didn't see it. Did you make it with any icon graph tool?

daydreamer

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

avcaballero

Yes, it is not finished. When it is, you will see the waving flag of Spain and pressing the "1" key, you will access to the flag design window, if you accept, the waving flag will be what you have designed. If you checked the "save to gif", it will generate your waving flag in an animated gif with the name that you write in the edit box.

zedd151

Quote from: caballero on July 01, 2018, 07:50:47 PM
Ah, I didn't see it. Did you make it with any icon graph tool?

Nope. Built from the ground up, pixel by pixel.   :biggrin:   Using MS Paint fron Windows xp.   :bgrin:

I now have I think the smallest possible flag that still bears resemblence to the original. The larger one was to distracting.

The original idea came to me when I was on another forum years ago and needed an avatar. Many of the members there
had a flag to represent where they are located, or were born. So that is when I made my first pixel flag.

When I saw yor flag designer GUI, it remnded me of the old days.

daydreamer

Quote from: caballero on July 01, 2018, 09:43:07 PM
Yes, it is not finished. When it is, you will see the waving flag of Spain and pressing the "1" key, you will access to the flag design window, if you accept, the waving flag will be what you have designed. If you checked the "save to gif", it will generate your waving flag in an animated gif with the name that you write in the edit box.
looking forward to it,I already tried make several flags
it would actually be nice to have background from your masm32 Clock as flag,would be an excellent avatar here
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

avcaballero

Which one of the clock? Something like El paso del tiempo by Salvador DalĂ­?

Well, this is a beta version, there are still some mistakes, but it admits your flag design and saves it as a waving flag in an animated gif.

Main known bugs:
- Always saves the gif
- Always with the name of "spain.gif"
- The background is always black

Please, let me know if you have done some nice designs

:eusa_boohoo:Fisher in trance

This snapshot takes 100kb, if it's a problem tell me and I will remove it

zedd151

Quote from: caballero
Well, this is a beta version, there are still some mistakes, but it admits your flag design and saves it as a waving flag in an animated gif.

Where? All I find in that post is the gif player exe waving the flag of spain.

attcached:
The US flag you have made comes just in time for the 4th of July, Independence Day here in The US.    :t   
Be sure to wave that flag once or twice on July 4th.  :P

jj2007

That's cute :t

Can you now do the same with the Russian and Chinese flags? Please, not the German one, most Germans feel embarrassed to see their flag, it reminds them where nationalism will eventually end.

Siekmanski

Very nice, like the idea to save it as an animated gif.  :t
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

zedd151

Quote from: zedd151 on July 02, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

Where? All I find in that post is the gif player exe waving the flag of spain.

I don't know hhow, but somehow I missed the .gif file that was created by the viewer. Today I had another look at it after seeing Siekmanski and jj2007's replies.   :icon_rolleyes:

Also, I had forgotten that I had animations turned off in IE.  :icon_confused:

So forgive any misunderstandings.   :biggrin:

brain freeze

zedd151

Not to be overly critical, but the flag waves in the wrong direction.  The pole would be on the left and the wave should travel to the right. (at least on the American flag - other countries flags may not have a left or right side, but for the US flag - the star field is always on the side of the pole or other mounting - and is displayed usually with the star field on the left hand side)

avcaballero

You demand a lot, for what you pay :greensml:

I've just fixed the main know bugs in this version

Edited: I've just cleaned the annoying black points on the flag.

zedd151

Quote from: caballero on July 04, 2018, 02:42:34 AM
You demand a lot, for what you pay :greensml:

:badgrin:

Your waving US flag looks great.  :t

:biggrin:  The check is in the Mail.